Who is a candidate for Chin Implant surgery?
- A small or receding chin.
- A chin that looks too small in comparison with other facial features and possibly makes the nose appear longer.
- A desire for increased chin prominence.
Intended Result of Chin Augmentation
- An improved facial profile which makes one look more attractive
- A more attractive jawline that creates a better balance between the chin and other facial features.
Procedure of Chin Implant Placement
- Chin Augmentation procedure is done on an outpatient basis under sedation and Local or General Aenesthesia.
- An incision is made under the chin and an implant is placed under the skin.
- In an alternative method called sliding Osteotomy ( Genioplasty ), a portion of the chin bone is permanently moved forward.
Recuperation and Healing after Chin Augmentation
- The patient goes home with a small pressure dressing over the chin.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Swelling, tenderness, and possible local numbness gradually subside within one to two months.
* Terms & conditions apply.